'Get wisdom, get insight ...' -Proverbs 4:5
To place event listings, advertisements, contact us here.
Weekend and Noteworthy Events:
- Film/DVD: 'Capitol Punishment,' a conservative documentary concerning the January 6, 2021 Capitol protest for election integrity; participants arrested in their homes under the Patriot Act are interviewed.
- Jan. 5th, 7 p.m.; Prayer Vigil in honor of Pastor Ray Bentley of Maranatha Chapel in San Diego, who died of COVID-19 complications Tuesday, January 4th. Event is livestreamed through MaranathaChapel.org.
- Film review: New Kurt Warner biopic 'American Underdog' proves gratitude, grit are keys to American Dream; theater release Dec. 25
- Film: Dec. 17, 18 & 25th; 'American Underdog' is Hall of Fame football quaterback Kurt Warner's story/testimony.
'We Three Spies' was a 'classified Christmas adventure'
presented by Linfield Elementary School
at Sunridge Community Church, December 6th and 7th.
'If you look at the masks that you buy in a drug store, the leakage around that doesn't really do much to protect you.
Now, in the United States, there is absolutely no reason whatever to wear a mask.'
-Anthony Fauci, USA Today, Feb. 17, 2020
'From the outset, hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) and other therapeutics posed an existential threat to Dr. Fauci and Bill Gates $48 billion COVID vaccine project, and particularly to their vanity drug remdesivir, in which Gates has a large stake. Under federal law, new vaccines and medicines cannot qualify for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) if any existing FDA-approved drug proves effective against the same malady ... thus, if any FDA approved drug like hydroxychloroquine (or ivermectin) proved effective against COVID, pharmaceutical companies would no longer be legally allowed to fast-track their billion-dollar vaccines to market under Emergency Use Authorization.'
-Robert F. Kennedy. Jr., 'The Real Anthony Fauci.'
- Event: Nov. 15, 10 a.m. California Statewide, State Capitol Protests -- School parents opposed to statewide vaccine mandates for school children to pull their children from public/private schools and protest in numerous communities. including Sacramento on Monday, November 15; State Capitol protest event sponsored by 'Our Children, Our Choice.'
- Film: Oct. 4: 'God's Not Dead: We the People,' Oct. 4 release
- Event: Oct. 3: SOCAL Harvest Crusade w/Greg Laurie including King & Country, Phil Wickam and more! Angel Stadium, Anaheim; free admission/pay for parking. One night only -- RSVP online.
- Event: Oct. 2: Route 66 God Loves You Tour w/Franklin Graham final Route 66 stop w/Newsboys, Marcos Witt and Dennis Agajanian; San Bernardino, Saturday Oct. 2, 7 p.m. Volunteer assistance requested.
- Film: Oct. 1: 'The Jesus Music -- The Soundtrack of a Movement,' (official trailer), check local theaters for tickets, times; w/Michael W. Smith, Stryper, Amy Grant, Kirk Franklin, Toby Mac, 2nd Chapter of Acts and more. 'Music is God's idea.'
The one year self-publication (Sept. 19th) anniversary ot 'The Revolutionary Alternative' by local 15 year old author and homeschooler Eliza Starkey was celebrated with a book signing event at Temecula's Barnes and Noble bookstore. Available at Goodreads, Amazon and -- Barnes and Noble.
- Event: Our Watch: A Warning to Pastors, Wake Up -- A Sept. 1st interview with Artur Pawlowski, Canadian pastor arrested and jailed for holding illegal church services during COVID-19 lockdown (video replay); he is facing up to four years in prison. 412 Church, Murrieta.
- Film: 'Show Me the Father,' documentary; from the creators of 'War Room,' 'Overcomer,' 'Fireproof' and 'Courageous' now come amazing true stories providing a fresh perspective of the roles of fathers in today's society. For audiences of all ages, the film invites viewers to think differently about how to view your earthly father -- and your relationship with God.
- Promise Keepers Men's Conference: July 16-17, AT&T Stadium, Arlington Texas; speaker list, purchase tickets.
- Film: '12 Mighty Orphans,' a film based on a true story about a legendary football coach who helped orphans compete in a football league during the Depression, stars Luke Wilson, Robert Duvall, Martin Sheen. PG-13 for violence and some coarse language. Releases to theaters nationwide June 18.
If mainstream media tells you a tolerant, open society is the objective of the LGBT and the Left, read Jack Philips' firsthand account of the intolerance, threats and lawsuits he endures. Available at Goodreads, Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
- Easter surise services, 5:30 a.m., Calvary Chapel Chino Hills; Sunday services in person or online: 7:15 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m.
- Easter sunrise service, 6:30 a.m., Revival Christian Fellowship, Menifee (outside lawn area; bring your Bible, family, freinds, chair, blankets, coffee, or watch live @ revival.tv). Two inside services: 9:45 a.m., 11:30 a.m.
- Easter services: Rock Church, San Diego: 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m. 6 p.m.
- Easter services: University Christian Church, West Los Angeles: online service only @ 10 a.m.
- Easter services: The View, Menifee; three services: 7:45 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. (reservations required, or watch live).
- Film: 'Seven' is the story of the 9/11 sudden implosion and collapse of World Trade Center Building 7 as interpreted by architects, engineers and new research published by the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Available on Amazon Prime.
- Event/Film: 'Billy Graham -- An Extraodinary Journey,' Sunday, March 28, 6 p.m., Revival Christian Fellowship, Menifee (free)
- Film: Roma Downey, Mark Burnett's 'Resurrection' debuts March 27 on Discovery+
- Film: 'A Week Away' debuts March 26 on Netflix; a teen-themed, family friendly musical
- Film: 'Church People' a comedy starring Steve Baldwin, Thor Ramsey; in theaters March 13-15
- Music: 'Love is a Flame' a crossover song by House of Praise, tops secular charts.
Christian-Interest Books, Documents (alpha author, biographical subject).
For additional book list, see: Books to 'Kick Against the Oppression.' (Quote borrowed from Rev. John R. Stott: 'Do you tickle ears throughout your day, or do you kick against the oppression?' Sermon excerpt from El Montecito Presbyterian Church 100-Year Anniversary (1897-1987) service , November 16, 1987.)
Note: Titles not hyperlinked are generally available in Christianbook.com.
Autobiography, Biography, Memoirs
- 'God's Smuggler,' by Brother Andrew (© 1964, 2012). A Dutch factory worker's incredible witness delivering Bibles in his VW bug into Russia and other communist countries.
- 'The Hiding Place: The Triumphant True Story of Corrie ten Boom,' by ten Boom, Corrie, Sherrill, John and Elizabeth (© 1971, 1984). Her family hid Jews in their home from Nazis and paid the ultimate sacrifice; read how her sister was a witness to her.
- 'Amazing Faith: The Authorized Biography of Bill Bright, Founder of Campus Crusade for Christ,' by Richardson, Dr. Mitchell (© 2000, 2001). Reveals the calling, the passion, the strategic thinking, the sacrifice and impact of one man committed to evangelism.
- 'Run Baby Run,' by Cruz, Nicki (© 1969, 1988).
- 'Just As I Am -- The Autobiography of Billy Graham,' by Graham, Billy (© 1997). The world's greatest evangelist tells his story to the millions who heard -- and will hear -- the gospel of Jesus Christ; '... he has shown the world our best self' -Los Angeles Times
- 'No Compromise -- The Life Story of Keith Green,' by Green, Melody and Hazard, Dave (© 1989 The Sparrow Corporation). An inspiring account of one of Contempory Christian Music's greatest songwriter-musicians.
- 'Heir to a Dream' by Maravich, Pete w/Campbell, Darrel, Thomas Nelson Publishers © 1987. One of basketball's greatest players, Hall of Famer 'Pistol Pete' Maravich publishes his testimony months before he collapsed and died at age 40 in Pasedena playing a pick-up game that included Dr. James Dobson. An autopsy revealed Maravich had been born without a left coronary artery to his heart -- his right coronary artery had enlarged to compensate for the loss off blood flow -- which makes his basketball achievements even more extraordinary.
- 'Love Letter to America' by Schuman, Tomas (© 1984). An autobiography of ex-KGB officer who reveals Soviet playbook to conquer the United States. The four stages of subversion: 1) Demoralization or 'reality upside down' 2) Destablization 3) Crisis 4) Normalization.
'Whether you believe it or not -- you are at war.' -Tomas Schuman, former KGB operative
- 'The Gulag Archipelago: An Experiment in Literary Investigation,' by Solzhenitsyn, Aleksandr (© 1973). 'Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.' Heard from elder townsmen, this lament was motivation for Solzhenitsyn to record Leninist-based Soviet oppression in this account of the forced labor camp system he was a prisoner of.
- 'Night,' Weisel, Elie (© 1958). A translation edited by his wife Weisel, Marion (© 2006). A Jewish eyewitness account of Nazi Germany. If you were limited to read one record of events -- outside of the Bible -- this should be the one.
- 'The Cross and the Switchblade,' by Wilkerson, David, Sherrill John and Elizabeth (© 1963, 1986). The founder of the addiction recovery program Teen Challenge shares his story.
- 'Spiritual Care,' by Bonhoeffer, Dietrich (© 1985 by Fortress Press). Written for seminary students, applications for every Christian.
- 'God Will Make A Way -- What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do,' by Cloud, Henry and Townsend, Dr. John (© 2002). This book shows how to apply eight principles to key areas of life and 'see His supernatural power at work more clearly.'
- 'Raising Your Children for Christ,' Murray, Andrew (Whitaker House edition © 1984, previously titled 'How to Bring Your Children to Christ.').
- 'Are Women Human?,' -Sayers, Dorothy L. (© 1971, Eerdman's Publishing); Witty talks to a women's society circa 1938; Sayers was one of the Inklings, the literay group including C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien and Charles Williams.
- 'The Case for Miracles -- A Journalist Investigates Evidence for the Supernatural,' Strobel, Lee (© 2018).
- 'Church of Cowards -- A Wake-Up Call to Complacent Christians,' Walsh, Matt (© 2020). An observation of the American Christian culture vs. the suffering church worldwide, from the lens of a Catholic believer.
Cultural (Missionary, Persecution, Political)
- 'Tell Your Children -- The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness and Violence,' by Berenson, Alex (© 2019). A former New York Times reporter, Berenson '... warns that the media and cannabis advocates have deeply mislead Americans about the drug's safety.'
- 'Sacred Scripture, Sacred War: The Bible and the American Revolution,' by Byrd, Joseph P. (New York: Oxford University Press, 2013). How America's Founding Fathers and patriots interpreted Old and New Testament Scripture in relation to the oppression of England: '... sermons were more influential than political pamphlets ...'
- 'Changed - # OnceGay Stories,' by Changed Movement (© 2018). Rejected as evidence by the Calif. Democratic legislature, this book prints testimonies of those who have come out of homosexuality via faith-based counseling, books, social media and church.
- 'Legally Poisoned -- How the Law Puts Us at Risk from Toxicants,' by Craner, Carl G. (© 2011, Harvard U. Press); Chapters include 'Nowhere to Hide,' 'Reckless Nation: How Existing Laws Fail to Protect Children' and 'What Kind of World Do We Want to Create?'
- 'Dark Agenda -- The War to Destroy Christian America,' by Horowitz, David (© 2018). The intolerant Leftist strategy to destroy Judeo-Christian values and tradition is researched by the former '60s American revolutionist -- now conservative activist ('Radical Son,' 'Destructive Generation -- Second Thoughts About the '60s').
- 'DOJ Inspector General's Report on the Russian Investigation,' by Horowitz, Michael (published 2019); PDF file. Excerpt: 'Our review found that the FBI personnel fell far short of the requirement in FBI policy that they ensure that all factual statements in a FISA application are 'scrupulously accurate' (pg VIII).
- 'The War on Cops: How the New Attack on Law and Order Makes Everyone Less Safe,' by MacDonald, Heather (© 2016; B.A. Yale University, M.A. Cambridge, J.D. from Stanford Law School). 'This is a book that can save lives.' -Thomas Sowell; more reviews.
- 'The Health Hazards of Homosexuality -- What the Medical and Psychological Research Reveals,' by Mass Resistance (© 2017). 'An excellent go-to reference for those seeking accurate, truthful information.' -Paul A. Church, M.D. (See also: Reviews & Interviews).
- 'The Mueller Report,' by Mueller, Robert (published by Washington Post (© 2019).; PDF file. Excerpts: #1. '... the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities' (Vol. I, pgs 2, 5, 9). #2. '... the investigation did not identify that any U.S. persons conspired or coordinated with the IRA [Internet Research Agency, i.e. Russian elections interference/social media campaign] ...' (Vol. I, pgs 4, 14). #3. '... this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime ...' (Vol. II, pg 2). #4. Massive scope of investigation (Vol. I, pg 13).
- 'Demon Possession and Allied Themes,' by Nevins, John L. (©1896). A go-to book for reliable documented demon possession accounts eyewitnessed by missionaries in China during the late 1800's.
Unmasked -- Inside Antifa's Radical Plan to Destroy Democracy,' Ngo, Andy (© 2021). This controversial book -- hidden from most bookstore shelves -- needs to be read by those concerned about public safety. Ngo is a journalist who risked his life and that of his family to cover this violent group that verbally and physically assault citizens on the street -- strangely not yet categorized by the FBI - Homeland Security as domestic terrorists. Ngo makes a case they should be. Course language -- but not from Ngo.
- 'The Persecution and Genocide of Christians in the Middle East -- Prevention, Prohibition & Prosecution,' edited by Rychlak, Ronald J., Adolphe, Jane F. (© 2017). Collection of 12 essays; a primer for Christians, students of human rights, and all concerned about religious persecution.
- 'On Faith -- Lessons from an American Believer,' Scalia, Antonin; Edited by Scalia, C.J. and Whelan, E. (© 2019). A collection of the late U.S. Supreme Court justice's defense for religion in the public square; includes a chapter on 'the false allure of socialism.'
- The Reproducers-- New Life for Thousands, by Smith, Chuck and Steven, Hugh (© 2011 Chuck Smith, © 1972 Gospel Light Productions). Sketches of the Jesus Movement at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa circa 1972. 'Let's not ever, ever close the door to anyone because of dress or the way he looks.' -Chuck Smith
- 'Christian Higher Education -- Faith, Teaching and Learning in the Evangelical Tradition,' edited by Dockery, David and Morgan, Christopher (© 2018).
- 'Standing Up To Goliath -- Battling State and National Teacher's Unions for the Heart and Soul of Our Kids and Country,' by Freidrichs, Rebecca (© 2018). A former Calif. teacher takes on teacher's unions that she argues use union fees and dues primarily for political agendas.
- 'The Corrupt Classroom -- Bias, Indoctrination, Violence, and Social Engineering Show Why America Needs School Choice,' by Izumi, Lance (© 2017). Exposes America's public school takeover by Leftists.
- 'Ethics,' Bonhoeffer, Dietrich (© 1949, 1955, Touchstone edition © 1995). Christians do not 'live in a vacuum,' German pastor Bonhoeffer writes, but in a world of government, politics, labor and marriage. Pro-life on the abortion issue; executed by Nazis in 1945.
- 'A Practical Exposition of the 10 Commandments,' Durham, James (new edition © 2018). A resurrected classic.
- 'Isaiah 40-55: Concordia Commentary,' Lessing, Dr. Reed. A continuation in the study of Isaiah's condemnation of humanity's sin, prophesy of the coming messiah who atones for that sin.'
- 'Pensees,' -Pascal, Blaise. 'Pascal is one of those writers who will be and who must be studied afresh by men in every generation.' -T.S. Elliot
- 'Calvary Chapel Distinctives -- The Foundational Principles of the Calvary Chapel Movement,' by Chuck Smith (© 2000 by The Word for Today Publishers). '... it's crucial for us to grasp what we call the Calvary Chapel Distinctives ... what makes our fellowship unique.'
Christian-themed Music & Music Videos (alpha artist):
- 'Don't, This Way' -77s (Seventy Sevens); from 'Sticks and Stones - The 77s' (1990). Produced by Mike Roe, Steve Griffen.
- 'Everywhere I Go' -Call, The; from 'Reconciled' (1986). Produced by Michael Been (RIP) and The Call.
- 'Jealousy' -Call, The; from 'Let the Day Begin' (1989).
- 'The Walls Came Down,' 'Scene Beyond Dreams' Call, The (1983). Live.
- 'Reckless Love' -Asbury, Cory, official lyric.
- 'So Will I (100 Billion X)' -Cook, Amanda, live version.
- 'In Christ Alone' -Daigle, Lauren, acoustic version.
- 'Trouble No More' -Dylan, Bob, 'The Bootleg Series Vol. 13, 1979-1981' (2017). 'LA Times' review.
- 'When You Gonna Wake Up?' -Dylan, Bob; live, July 9, 1980.
- 'Do It Again' -Elevation Worship, live version.
- 'Tell Your Heart to Beat Again' -Gokey, Danny.
- 'El Shaddai' & 'Thy Word' -Grant, Amy w/Michael W. Smith, live version.
- 'Oh, Lord You're Beautiful' -Green, Keith, live version. RIP.
- 'So You Wanna Go Back To Egypt' -Green, Keith (© 1979).
- 'Nod Over Coffee' -Heard, Mark; from 'Second Hand' (1991). RIP.
- 'Strong Hand of Love' -Heard, Mark; from 'Dry Bones Dance' (1990).
- 'Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)' -Hillsong United.
- 'What a Beautiful Name' -Hillsong Worship, live version.
- 'Spirit Lead Me' -Ketterer, Michael & Influence Music.
- Livgren, Kerry and Hope, Dave of Kansas -Interview Part 1, Part 2 on 700 Club (1981). 'Seeds of Change' interview (2008).
- 'I'm Listening' -McClarney, Chris; from the album 'Breakthrough.'
- 'Be Thou My Vision' -Morrison, Van; from 'Hymns to the Silence' (1991).
- 'Have I Told You Lately' -Morrison, Van; from 'Avalon Sunset' (1989).
- 'When Will I Ever Learn to Live in God' -Morrison, Van; from 'Avalon Sunset' (1989).
- 'Whenever God Shines a Light' -Morrison, Van; from 'Avalon Sunset' (1989). Duet with Cliff Richard.
- 'Awesome God' -Mullins, Rich; from 'Winds of Heaven, Stuff of Earth' (1988). RIP, d. Sept. 19, 1997.
- 'Ready for the Storm' -Mullins, Rich (1994).
- 'Sometimes By Step' -Mullins, Rich (1991).
- 'God's Not Dead' -Newsboys; © 2012 Newsboys.
- 'By My Spirit' -Phillips, Leslie w/Matthew Ward; from 'Recollection,' 1987.
- 'Strength of My Life' -Phillips, Leslie w/Russ Taff; from 'Dancing With Danger,' 1984.
- 'Our God' -Tomlin, Chris, official live version.
Christian-Interest Films (Ed. note: We hope for the day when Hollywood will return to producing general audience films with children (or adults) not cursing in their roles, or containing sexually explicit or nude scenes -- if only parents would boycott 'Hollywood' on Sundays to clean up their otherwise entertaining and inspiring films. We applaud the 'Star Wars,' (pre-Disney) series, 'The Lord of the Rings,' and 'The Chronicles of Narnia,' and most films pre-1967 as free of coarse language and nudity. By that standard, we consider the following suggestions appropriate for children and family viewing -- unless otherwise noted.
'O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called ...' -1 Timothy 6:11-12).
Note: Not all films listed are Christian-themed, but sourcing the truth on select topics is indeed, a godly exercise.
Non-fiction (alpha title):
- '9/11: Explosive Evidence -- Experts Speak Out' (2012). Reputable American Architects & Engineers make a compelling -- and unsettling -- case based on forensic evidence, film and eyewitness accounts the three WTC towers fell to 'controlled demolition' -- not by office fires as the 9/11 Commission concluded. For example: 'How do two airplanes bring down three towers?'
- 'A Man For All Seasons' (1966), G. The uncompromising faith of Sir Thomas More ('Utopia') in the era of King Henry VIII.
- 'The Amendment' The story behind the Victim's Rights Act, a true story of forgiveness.
- 'A Smile As Big As The Moon' (2019), PG. Hallmark true story a special-ed teacher gets his classs to NASA space camp.
- 'Beyond the Blackboard' (2011), PG. Hallmark true story of first year teacher who teaches homeless children.
- 'The Case for Christ' (2017), NR. The conversion testimony of Chicago Tribune reporter Lee Strobel. .
- 'Chariots of Fire' (1981), PG. Study of contrasting motivations to win track gold medals in the 1924 Olympics.
- 'The Elephant Man' (1980), PG. Based on life of Joseph 'John' Merrick: orphaned, deformed, beaten -- yet kind, forgiving, Christian.
- 'Evelyn' (2002), PG. True, inspiring story of divorced dad who fights in courts to get his children back from mandated boarding school.
Dave Eubanks, founder of Free Burma Rangers
- 'Free Burma Rangers - A Family Brings Hope to the Front Lines' (2020). A former army ranger and his family answer God's call to help Burma citizens suffering in the midst of civil war; and then turn to the suffering in Iraq and Syria; share with church, youth group.
- 'Gosnell -- The Trial of America's Biggest Serial Killer' (2018), PG-13. Fact-based trial of abortionist; caution viewing with children.
- 'I Can Only Imagine' (2018), PG. Fact-based biography of Christian songwriter Mercy Me's Bart Millard.
- 'Joni' (1980). Fact-based biography of Joni Erickson-Tada: CEO, artist, author, speaker, wife and Christian in spite of quadriplegia.
- 'Mully' (2017), NR. The true and inspiring story of Charles Mully, orphaned in Kenya and through acts of kindness, repentance and a faith in Christ lead him to become an American millionaire who returns to his homeland to help orphans.
- 'No Safe Spaces' (2019), PG-13. Documentary: shocking evidence of America shutting down of 'free [conservative] speech.' A film by conservative talk show host Dennis Prager.
- 'C. H. Spurgeon: The People's Preacher' (2010). In 1861 -- without a mic -- Spurgeon was preaching to 6000 people on Sunday. An excellent biographical film of a great British pastor-preacher-teacher, author and orphanage administrator.
Uncle Tom premiere. Standing (L-R): Bryan Gray, Herman Cain, Col. Alan B. West, Pastor Stephen Broden. Sitting: Kelvin Austin, Damian B. Felder, Joel Patrick, Rob Smith, Carol Swan, Viswarney Burra, Larry Elder, Brandon Tatum, Chad O. Jackson.
- 'Uncle Tom - An Oral History of the American Black Conservative' (2020), NR. A collection of intimate interviews w/some of America's most provacative black conservative thinkers. Highly educational, but BE ADVISED: Infrequent street language (F, N & S words). A film by conservative talk-show host Larry Elder.
- 'The Winslow Boy' (1948, 1999). A father risks all to clear his son and the family name in order 'that right be done.'
Fiction (alpha title):
- 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe' (2005), PG. Excellent movie version of a C.S. Lewis classic.
- 'The Encounter' (2010). Clever faith-filled family drama about Jesus serving stranded cafe customers.
- 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' (2012), PG-13 (violence). Excellent movie version of J.R.R. Tolkien's classic hero adventure.
- 'Les Miserables' (1934, 1952, 1998). Screen adaptations of Victor Hugo's 1862 novel about a regenerated man's struggle with his accuser.